Saturday, March 06, 2010

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Emily just dropped by to hand me The Simpsons season 11, but I don't think I'll have time to watch, 'cause I've got plenty of school stuff to do, and LotR to read, and songs to practice, and I've got Spongebob in my hard drive.

But man, I totally need to catch up on TV. 'Specially when I get back home. American Idol, F1, here I come.

Listening to Cat Steven's (or should I say "Yusuf Islam's") 'Father And Son' and 'Wild World' right now via YouTube. Somehow popped into my head and got stuck there ever since coming back from West Coast Plaza (yeah, went there again for a cluster outing).

Lunched at Pizza Hut with Fatinn before heading to Iluma to watch Tim Burton's version of 'Alice in Wonderland' with Syaf, Nazihah and Yee Rou.

I don't really know if I'll ever watch a movie in 3D again, 'cause honestly, there was hardly any difference most of the time (or that could be my screwed-up eyesight speaking, so I dunno). But yeah, the things popping out were cool.

Anyway, the movie was good. It's not really like the book(s), but it was good all the same. Johnny Depp's acting is still awesome, and I absolutely love the Cheshire Cat (and Stephen Fry's voice is just perfect). Hookah-smoking caterpillar gave me the creeps though. So did Helena Bonham Carter's oversized head.

And yeah, I'm a fan (of both Tim Burton and Johnny Depp).

Brilliant film-making. Battle scene could have been better though.


Came back and then went out again for our cluster outing at West Coast Plaza. Ate at Sushi Tei. Yum.


Better go off now. Has stuff teh do.

Night.



P.S. Somehow I just really like watching movie trailers on YouTube. It's fun how they take an hour and a half long movie and turn it into something equally great that lasts only a minute and a half at most. It's genius.

P.P.S. "Off with her head!"

P.P.P.S. I'll probably need to read the actual books one day. Such a classic. Lewis Carroll has such imagination.

No comments: