Sunday, August 14, 2011

Asian James Brown

Wow, it's like if I don't go out during the weekend, my posts are almost contentless and I don't post. I live a really boring life in my room, actually. Internet addicts have close to zero social lives, but I make do.

Anyway, really into catching up with America's Got Talent right now. There are just so many people out there who were totally born to do what they love to do for a living, and it's great that they've been given platforms to pursue those dreams of theirs, and the really terrible ones entertain us, so it's good for viewers.

But when you muster up the courage to go up there and perform on national television in front of judges and a live audience, do badly and they put you down, it must be the hardest thing ever. Dreams shattered and hopes blown away, and it really shouldn't be necessary to wake these people up so publicly. They'll never see themselves the same way again.

Man, talent shows really are blowing up, aren't they?

Two things I learnt from watching the show on YouTube for the past few days: Rebecca Black truly can't sing well, and I have a total mancrush on Dani Shay, who's got way more charm and talent than Justin Bieber, in my opinion.

Rebecca Black's also dropping out of school, so there goes my high opinion of her being able to take criticism. But honestly though, people shouldn't be such asses to her in real life. She is, after all, only human, and human females are emotionally really vulnerable, so it's not nice to tease them. Poor thing. I wonder what her parents think of her brilliant career path now.

Kinda restless because there's no race today and won't be until Spa on the 28th. Time flies super fast, so I'm not worried about the wait.

I think I sleep most of my weekends away, so I can safely get less sleep during the weekdays. This "battery" concept isn't actually true because there's no way I can charge myself up fully and then go days without sleep, but it makes me feel good about myself.

Okay, going off now.

Adieu.


P.S. Asian James Brown made my day. Love the guy.

No comments: