Friday, August 26, 2011

Hypocrisy.

Was just about to type stuff here, when Mr Xie called to say he was locked in the library. At half past ten at night. Talk about dedicated footage editing.

So I went down to look for help, and the security guard guy who does the hostel night shift simply gave me the library keys. That's so nice and awesome of him. Then I braved myself to walk through dark, empty corridors and managed to free the teacher.

I'm not a coward. Or am I? Perhaps I am. But I'm not afraid to admit that I'm less brave than a lot of people out there. I despise horror movies, dislike unnecessary death and gore, flinch at the sight of scary images, and used to hide under the covers and cry whenever my parents watched anything remotely scary as a kid. I'm both scarred and scared. Maybe I'm just sensible enough to not want to put myself through a series of mini heart-attacks and sleepless nights and being unable to go to the bathroom unaccompanied.

I'm good with the way things are, thank you very much. I don't see how being into horror films is going to make me a better person.


Okay, finally done with our Physics and Geog tests and Chem quiz, and I'm hoping I'll pass every one of them, considering there was a thing called time I hadn't managed properly and almost killed me.

Bad decisions needed to be paid for, and that's why I stayed up til three in the morning on Thursday after opting to go out instead on E-learning day. But my detrimental self-destructive time management methods worked, because with finishing my Econs reflections then, I had time to do a bit of Chem and Physics for today. That's why I didn't post last night, because I, unlike a lot of people, actually have to study.


Bit of a busy day for our school today, because as organiser of SAMC (Singapore Amazing Machine Competition) and SDYC (Sustainable Development Youth Convention), we somehow managed to make them happen on coinciding days, so student helpers were needed pretty much everywhere, and a lot of people went around in formal wear and blazers and were generally missing because they had to be at the Science Centre or the school audi as participants or helpers.

Also, a part of NJRC was happening at the Science Centre, which took a toll on the Robotics people, from what I could make out.

So yeah, absentees everywhere, which made teachers very, very frustrated about having to hold make-up classes and administer make-up quizzes and come up with new questions for make-up tests.

But we can safely say that today is sort of like the last day of the term, because next week is almost completely lesson-less, what with public holidays, Sports Day and our Teacher's Day celebration. And then I get to go home with a huge burden of work to do, but that's okay because I don't want to think that far yet. I'm tired and it feels good to be able to relax for a few hours before getting up and going again.

Also feeling sort of sad because next term will be our last term together as a class. Time freaking flies, man.

Okay, good night.


P.S. We're all hypocrites.

P.P.S. Really proud of the way we cooperated and sat together for a while discussing CIP matters today during CCA. #mediaclubpride forever.

No comments: