Monday, August 15, 2011

Self-control.

The weather's absolutely lovely and cold, and it's been raining most of the afternoon, much to the chagrin of our Sports Day event organisers. Was supposed to hold a few events earlier on, but had to postpone them indefinitely due to the wet weather. Nobody likes to run on a wet, slippery track.

But I'll grasp the moment to be selfish, because I honestly do love cool, rainy weather. It's amazing.


Started the week feeling really sleepy and watched 'House' late into the night. Managed to finish season 2, but that's not really the point. The point is that my lack of self control killed me. A lesson which I probably won't learn, because as they say, you can rest when you die. So much to see, so much to do.

Have foreigners over from Australia, but it never really applies to me because I don't interact with the exchange students.

Math first thing in the morning. Went through notes and got our Math test back. Passed, yes, and made some mistakes, but it was a-okay.

Then had Physics, or sort of, because we spent forty minutes waiting for a replacement teacher to come in place of Mr Yeo (who's been off on re-service for the past week or so), and then the remainder of the two hours staring blankly at the poor guy who had to come and teach our class.

I feel really bad about wanting to drop Physics, but it's what I want to do, so no regrets when it happens. I like it, but it makes me feel so terribly insecure it scares me. Numbers numbers numbers. One day I'll get over it, and hopefully soon.

Simulation-ed again during Evolutionary Bio. We're like, at least two lessons behind all the other classes because of all the Mondays we've missed.

Picked beads and entered numbers into excel files, and all this genotypic frequency stuff is actually kinda cool.


Okay, enough for today.

Night.


P.S. Darren Criss's cover of Elton John's 'Your Song' makes me happy.

P.P.S. One of the few female artists I like is Colbie Caillat, because her voice isn't screechy and her songs make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Having said that, I still despise 'Lucky' to the core because I find it annoying, even though it was a duet with Jason Mraz.

No comments: