Saturday, December 12, 2009

Epic speeches.

What's up, blogosphere?

This guy made my day:



The credit for the amazing arrangement goes to Kurt Schneider, and the credit for the amazing voice goes to Sam Tsui. Oh, and the credit for awesome beatboxing goes to the guy on the left.

Managed to work my way a few pages into LotR.

Planned to spend my entire afternoon reading in sweet, Middle Earth bliss, but my brother simply refused to have an afternoon nap, so I ended up watching some random DVDs with him to babysit.

I'm a brilliant babysitter. Leave it all to Astro, YouTube, and our dear DVD player. Now that's what I call top-class babysitting. (Actually, no, I was kidding. There's a lot more to that, man.)

One thing I love about my brother is that he has a great taste in music. It's probably one of the few things that can keep him quiet and behaving appropriately (which here means not acting like he's got ants in his pants or something somewhere along those lines).

All right, I've got nothing else to say ('cept maybe talk about how entertaining CollegeHumor videos are and how Aragorn kicks ass), so I'mma go off now.


Arrivederci.


P.S. Do you know Aragorn's speech at the gates of Mordor before the war? You can use it for a lot of other purposes as well. Here are a few versions:

Before dining:
"The day will come when the gluttony of men fails and the production of food dwindles, but today is not this day! An hour will come, of famine and hunger, but it is not today! Today we eat!"

Before exams:
"The day will come when the hardworkingness of students ends and our ability to comprehend exam questions disappears, but today is not this day! An hour will come, of question marks and head-scratching, but it is not today! Today we pass!"

And so on, and so on.

P.P.S. That was probably the longest postscript I've ever written. Cool.

No comments: