Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not racist.

Finally got to hang out with the MYBs today.

'Cept it was only Maz, Naimah, Fazrul, Neko and I, so there was kind of incompleteness lingering around. (Don't feel bad about not being able to be there, Myra. There's always a next time.)

Went to The Mall, Gadong (since there's hardly anywhere else to catch a movie and lepakz in Brunei).

Lunched at KFC with Neko, Maz and Naimah, 'cause Fazrul was being fashionably late and all (am I not right, monkey boy?).

Neko had her ear pierced after that. Cartilage piercings own, man.

Watched 'The Princess and the Frog' after Maz left. Good movie, that.

They probably broke into songs every five minutes, but I guess with the good story line, it was highly tolerable.

All the New Orleans jazz was good, too. I like jazz.

Oh, and Disney's first black princess. I like her.

I think the Disney Princesses with the least lack of common sense are Tiana and Mulan. (Or that may be because I'm racist and like non-white princesses. Up to you to decide.)

And the animation, oh God, the animation.

I've missed good ol' Disney 2D animation. They just don't make it like they used to anymore. Being my age (which is like, pretty old), I grew up with traditional 2D movies. That's how it's supposed to be, man. Simplistic, entertaining characters, great plot. Mm.

Paid a visit to CA Mohammed for murtabak after the movie. Yum.

I've missed being with the MYBs, with our lame jokes and puns and talking about random things.


Okay, going to go continue with LotR now.

Want to get to the bit where the Strider shows up. (Because Aragorn is the love, man.)

Good night, good people.


P.S. Frog to Tiana: J'adore "I adore you." J'taime "I love you." *awkward silence* "What? I was just translating."

No comments: