Monday, December 14, 2009

Little Asian boy.

Eight more posts to reach my goal of "publish more posts than last year".

I think this is going to get harder each year, 'cause I'll have to add one every time.

But I also think I'll be satisfied as long as I don't write less than I did last year.


Sent my dad off to Bangkok this morning (which here means I merely sat in the car while my mum drove him to the airport and dropped him off).

Came back, picked up my battered and yellowing copy of LotR and read like, two pages before my mum came back with kebabs for lunch. I need super peace and quiet to read, 'cause I want to savour every word and sentence and paragraph and scene and dialogue and "my preciousss".

And that's also why I'm still going at a terribly slow pace. Slower than a tired sloth on a lazy Monday morning having a "who can be slower" competition against a sleepy snail who has impaired movement and a huge desire to win said competition against said sloth.

You know what I mean.

Visited my uncle at JPMC after lunch. He's been transferred from the ICU to the general ward, and it's great to know that he's making progress.

Went to my aunt's after that 'cause we needed to send her home (said uncle's wife) and lazed around for a bit.

Napped when we got home. (I think all this late-night reading is taking a toll on me. But man, it's a good book.)

Reading my blog archives now, just to see how badly I wrote in '08. Well, not exactly badly, but it was pretty different back then. It's kinda interesting to see how my writing changes over time (the lameness is pretty consistent though).

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date with LotR.

I bid thee, farewell and good night.

P.S. I love the word "chicken". And I don't know why.

No comments: