Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mamela.

Like all people my age or older who listen to songs from old Disney movies, we often find ourselves wondering, "What on earth has happened to Disney?"

Whatever happened to all that Disney magic? Whatever happened to the sheer beauty of the stories, the music, the animation?

I think I know the reason why we dislike Disney "teen sensations" so much now. Growing up, we've held onto and grown with the material Disney has presented to us. Stuff that was good, pure, entertaining, sweet, meaningful, catchy, funny at times, has been replaced by meaningless "eye candy", too much pop in their soundtracks, scandals and gossip.

Whatever happened to the innocence, man?

I liked it better when we could still believe in miracles, and when we could still believe that believing in something enough was enough to make it happen, when we were taught to dream and hold onto those dreams.

And no, I'm not embarrassed. No, I don't want to "grow up". I'm just disappointed that kids nowadays don't know what they're missing. They aspire to become popular and know how to dance and sing and all sparkly pink and showy (for girls, that is. I mean, little boys can do that too but that's not the point here). I know it's not any better to go around idolising Simba or anything, but you get the drift.

They just don't know what real Disney magic is.


Anyway, today went down pretty well. Chem quiz got postponed, cikgu liked our vid, made lame jokes during Math (and John Huang tried to "binomial expand" something to the power of eight).

Wasn't productive during study time 'cause we spent most of the time talking (nothin' new, really).


Okay, better be off now. Feel the need to do stuff so today wouldn't seem so unproductive.

Adieu.


P.S. I love this guy's voice.


No comments: