Sunday, May 08, 2011

Istanbul 2011

Nothing much to talk about apart from F1 at the moment, 'cause the weekend's been uneventful with revision (sort of).

Vettel's managed to maintain his ridiculously epic 3-wins-in-4-races lead, and speaking of leading, led 56/58 laps this race. We know he's an extremely talented driver, and now he's got a great car and rubbing it in all our faces.

Congratulations to Red Bull on another one-two though. They've got good pace and they know it.

Alonso finished third. First podium of the season for Ferrari. Definitely an accomplishment, and without doubt our car has improved over the break. Too bad Massa couldn't finish in the points (he was eleventh), but in some strange way I feel sort of relieved that it was due to little mistakes and not to our car being not up to pace and being overtaken helplessly. I hate that feeling when either Massa or Alonso get overtaken and the commentators proceed to talk about Ferrari's lack of pace.

Renault are faring pretty well so far. They seem to be finishing in the points all the time.

Bad race for Hamilton and he ended up fourth (which is still quite good, in comparison to what Ferrari have been scoring so far). Rosberg finished fifth. Schumi got into quite a lot of action and it breaks my heart to not be able to see all that supposedly awesome overtaking live on television.

Feel better by telling myself I'll be able to watch the Monaco and Montreal Grand Prix when I go back home in June though. There's a certain thrill in watching the race in non-number and word form completely with video and audio without having to bear with a three-minute lag in updates.

And since my Java died, live timings haven't been what they used to be, either.

Oh sad life.

When Stanley and Josh Sia tell me about how awesome a race was and what sweet overtaking moves took place, I feel grateful for the F1 talk but kinda want to tear my hair out in frustration, too.

What to do.


All right, better be off now. Productivity awaits.


P.S. There's this thing about spicy food that makes it so good yet so painful to eat at the same time. I don't have that tolerance.


No comments: