Sunday, May 29, 2011

Monaco 2011

Back in Brunei, and the highlight of my day was definitely being able to watch the Monaco Grand Prix on television.

Oh man oh man oh man. Going to get it all out of my system before the excitement runs out.

Brilliant race, yeah. It's awesome how people are always like, "Oh you can't overtake in Monaco", and then during the race some epic overtaking happens. Such a pity the race had to be stopped near the end 'cause of Petrov's bad crash (alongside Alguersuari's), 'cause I have a feeling Alonso would've been able to take on Vettel and gone on to win the race for Ferrari.

But yeah, overall I'm quite satisfied with how the race turned out (except the part where Massa accidentally crashes out after Hamilton sort of runs into him for a while). Vettel (yet another victory), Alonso (yay), and Button (I can't believe I've forgotten how great he looks) on the podium.

And now that I've finally gotten to watch a 2011 race live on television, I've noticed that some things just never change.

Hamilton's still driving his "pretty-much-an-asshole" driving style, poor Massa's still as "emotional South American" as I remember, and I still feel pangs of sadness when I realised "RAI" isn't anywhere on the list.

Honestly though, Alonso truly does have the makings of a World Champion, unlike certain drivers *cough Hamilton cough*. I'm really glad he's on Ferrari's side.

Thrill of watching F1 is back. Hoping this (and the Montreal GP) will sustain me for as long as possible and keep the love alive whenever I'm checking out live timings.


Okay, I'm like, worn from a day of traveling and visiting and waking up early, and I don't want to like, die of exhaustion, so good night.


P.S. Yes, I am, in fact, back in Brunei. Hooray for that.

No comments: