Friday, February 17, 2012

42 SAR

Totally on Tumblr right now, scrolling through the Aragorn tag because I need a dose of LotR manliness once in a while. Mm yeah, Aragorn.

It's funny how you form the image of a perfect man in your mind off a movie you first saw as a child. Expectations set too high, I think.


Anyway, haven't been posting lately because I've been simply exhausted, and off doing other things.

Went on a field trip to the 42 SAR camp on Wednesday, which meant class was cancelled for the day (would've been more worth it if it was a full day of class, but we only have an hour of Math on Wednesdays). Also meant I didn't stay for "lesson observation" with the Bruneian exchange people.

It was totally awesome though. Highlights included us learning how to handshake like a man (firm grip, pump once, let go with a keen, confident expression), putting on camouflage (or watching other people do it), climbing all over tanks, cocking guns (arms totally ached the next day), eating army food, and riding in a tank (twice, which was the most awesome thing, since Jia Hong and Deborah begged the army personnel).

Sometimes you only get the opportunity to do things once in your life, so seize it. I don't think I'll ever be able to joyride in a tank again, so let's savour that moment.

And even though we didn't really do anything except stand around and listen and stuff, most of us fell asleep in the bus on the way back. Whoa, tiring.


Thursday was horrible, because I know I'm going to do not-so-well for our Chem quiz, and I know for sure I'm going to fail our Physics in-class (even though we manly handshake-d to promise not to). I'm only going to get one mark out of fifteen for drawing in the current direction. That is so sad. I feel so retarded. Probably because I was mentally prepared to do badly.

Attitude is altitude, after all.


No more, no more.


Went to Jurong Bird Park (my first time, whoa) after Physics. Had to take a bus to NUS to catch up with the exchange group and didn't get lost because Nguyen was coincidentally on the same bus and helped me out. Thank goodness.

Mm birds. I'd love to be a falconer. So amazingly badass.

Dinner-ed at Swensen's in IMM. Embarrassed ourselves by singing the birthday song really loudly for Adithya (who was hosting the French contingent). Fun.


School today was okay. Going to fail today's essay test though, because I had never felt that horribly incoherent in a long time. Just rambled endlessly on about God-knows-what. Lord help me. It's going to be a terrible grade.

Next time fingers crossed I will own it. Just not today. Just not today.

Got our Math test back though. Did reasonably well, so I'm glad.

CCA was okay, too. Let the groups carry on with storyboarding and filming. Not sure how we're supposed to teach editing, but we'll worry about that later once footage has been acquired.

Feel so proud as chairman. Need to command the respect I deserve, though. Sometimes I think we're being too nice as exco (and the teachers tell me, too. Somehow people find it hard respecting me).


Okay, going off now. Need to wake up school time tomorrow.

Night.


P.S. Feeling quite very relieved this week is nearly over. Goodness.


No comments: