Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Insecure.

Been wanting to post since I got back from school today, because- wait for it- there is now wifi connection in my room.

Oh goodness.

Woke up this morning and switched on my laptop (because I'm such an Internet addict it's what gives me my kick early in the morning. Some people use caffeine, but the Internet is the way to go for me) and suddenly, poof, the prompt appeared asking me to log into school wifi because I didn't turn it off from last night.

So, so happy. How could I not? This means no more sitting in the pantry to type out posts and use the Twitter site amongst other things. This is amazing. I can sit here in the comfort of my own room and like, do things. Feels good.


Had our Math GCT today. Wasn't too shabby, thankfully. It's just going to make us complacent and now we're all doomed for exams because we think everything will be as easy as what they've given us so far. Quite scary. The Math department is probably secretly evil and plotting our downfall as I speak.

Did Tutorial 2, then got released. Went with Aisyah to the Games room (like, again. We seem to be doing this every Wednesday now) and played pool. Really badly (for me, at least. So shameful).

ACE was all about respect, but we didn't really talk much about it and instead finished watching Dead Poets Society and then changed our seating arrangement (because the plan is to do it every month) with that random name picker Mrs Lim showed us (one of the most useful things us Geog students have learnt in two years). I sit in a corner at the back now, where no teacher can see me (which is bad, because then I might really fall asleep now).

Then stayed back for a while to do up our class noticeboard (and now it looks quite awesome). Haven't finished yet, but I bet we're the only class ever to rip up English essay presentation paragraphs and use the scraps in a collage. Yeah go us.

Class pride has always been there, but sometimes I still find myself missing 405 and all our teachers and the old classes we used to take. But oh well, we move on. Hardly spend time with a lot of people anyway, because we split into honours/majors during Math, olympiad/no olympiad during Chem, NS group/non-NS group during PE, and more than a quarter of the class leaves during Bio while a lot of us don't take Mother Tongue lessons anymore. The only classes we actually have as a class are Physics and English.

Went out for lunch at the Subway in WCP (at half past two in the afternoon) with Wai Yin and Nicole. Came back, slept, then had dinner, an amazingly short boarding assembly (only half an hour, which is a record, I swear) and that pretty much summed up my night.

Okay, going off now.

Physio quiz tomorrow.

Night.


P.S. I've only read two books this month. Better than any other school month as of late, but still.

P.P.S. Oh goodness I love Sherlock. The geniuses at BBC need a pat on the back.


No comments: