Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Social experimentation.

Wifi is still available in my room, and for that I am ever thankful. Honestly, if you don't learn to be happy about the little things in life, you'll hardly ever be happy.

I'm so easily satisfied it scares me sometimes.

No, I must want more. Must need more. Must do more.

Anyway, didn't post yesterday because I was so busy procrastinating.

Didn't really do much in the day. Just had an hour and a half of Math and an hour and a half of English, where we talked about ethics.

Ethics. Goodness, where do I start? Ms Dass showed us a clip of that scene in The Dark Knight where Joker traps a bunch of people in two ferries and makes them try to blow each other up in an epic battle of will and morality. Such decisions are hard to make, and we should never have to consider them until we're faced with them, because whatever unless we have nerves of steel (which would, actually, probably conduct signals better and would then be worse for you because you would be more sensitive to pain) and an iron will (what is it with metal and phrases like these), you'd be all words anyway.

We're all hypocrites.

Remember that scene, in Captain America (the recent movie) where Steve Rogers throws himself over a hand grenade so selflessly? That is what real heroes are made of. Just because we say things and claim we believe in certain things doesn't make us good people. But when we start going out of our way to do selfless things without having to think twice, humanity may have hope after all.


Had our Math test today, and I must say I really, really dislike MCQs in Math. Like, goodness, it's either you're wrong or you're right and that's terrible. Let's not talk about it.

Played pool, and lost too many games for my liking. Then went for ACE and we talked about "restoring relationships" and it was just an hour of sharing stories and that was it.

Almost everyone fell asleep during the research congress briefing (it didn't apply to a lot of Year 5s, anyway) so like, skip that.

Kimi's back in F1 and topped the charts during yesterday's practice session, and I am so glad. Sometimes when a driver returns to F1 you don't know what to expect and you worry so much people will diss him and say he deserves to stay away. But I am immensely proud of our Iceman for making such a brilliant comeback. And in a Lotus, too.

Oh, and Schumi topped the charts today, so totally an added bonus. The competitive cars aren't really up there yet, 'cause they're still taking it slow and steady and making teeny adjustments here and there.

Seen the F2012, and it really isn't the prettiest thing on track. In fact, it looks very much like an ugly stepsister. Quite disappointed, but we can't all be terribly superficial. As long as the car's in competitive form this season, who are we to complain? Alonso's a brilliant driver and so is Massa (except when he turns temperamental South American). I have faith in them.

So, so excited for the coming F1 season. I think F1 gives me a sort of purpose in life, every weekend. I still adore it.


Okay, going off now.

Night.


P.S. Is it sad that I'm already dreading PE tomorrow? I'm a horrible person.

No comments: