Friday, February 24, 2012

Everything with rice.

Oh my goodness. I've just realised something and now I'm freaked out.

Listening to Maroon 5 at the moment, and then it hit me. The first line of 'She Will Be Loved' is "Beauty queen of only eighteen", and I was sitting here cutting my nails when I suddenly flashback-ed to many years ago, when I thought to myself, "Eighteen years is such a distant age."

And boom, I realise I'm eighteen. Eighteen. Eight-freaking-teen. Oh Lord. Maroon 5 songs refer to people my age now. Heck.

What seemed so far off back then is now now. And I'm freaked, man.


Anyway, sort of struggled to wake up for school today. On days like this I feel so thankful I have a roommate, because then there's always someone to ensure you get to school on time. It's a good relationship we have. Sometimes you hear stories about people having asshole roommates, and then you fervently thank God (and the hostel staff) for letting you have a decent one.

It takes a lot of trust to become roommates with someone, you know. Because if they wanted to, they'd be able to kill you in your sleep. How scary is that?


So had mentoring, where we sat around looking drowsy. Then continued with English. Ms Dass gave us the entire lesson to do our e-learning podcast thing, so I paired up with Jia Hong and we went over to the library to record our thoughts on the matter.

You can find our video here. One and a half hours of work, and I end up ripping the wrong sheet of paper on the final take. Brilliant me. But overall I think we did a pretty decent job. And I'm glad we could inject a bit of humour in there, too.

Back in class, Pin had to go and embarrass me by introducing me to a few of the British exchange students and telling them I would like a boyfriend. I'll probably never be able to look any of them in the eye again, although I think if I ever dated a British boy I'd just listen to him talk all day because of the accent. You know.

Stupid-people-Math (which is now what we use to refer to the Math majors class we take, because we have extremely low self-esteems) was all right. Went through the first few pages of Chapter 4, and then Mr Ku let us off half an hour early (again) because he is that awesome. Epic thing happened when he asked us to do a few examples and I said, "This is so un-fun," and then he came up to me and said in a super serious voice, "Ya Wen, sometimes Math is like that. It isn't fun." Like whoa.

Went to the music room with Nikki, Aisyah and MJ afterwards. Song selection is hard. I could be cheap and use a song I already know, but I don't like the thought of that.


CCA was a bit messy because it's really not easy to manage a bunch of people who are actually working but look as if they're doing nothing. It's horrible, but we get by.

Dinner-ed afterwards with Kelvin and Wee Thean at this place called 'Everything With Fries'. Good stuff, yeah.

Loads of pubs around, and there's this funny feeling you get when you haven't had alcohol for a long time and you smell it in the air around you. You suddenly become really thirsty and crave. Oh the craving.

Alcohol is bad for you and I'm cutting down (I hardly drink when I go home) but I still find it hard to resist. It calls to me.


Okay, going off now. It's super warm tonight, and I can't stand it.

Night.


P.S. Will be so productive tomorrow, it'll blow your mind.


No comments: