Saturday, February 04, 2012

Chronicle.

Feeling quite sick right now, because I am back from seeing the most nauseating film I've ever seen. Probably worsened by the fact that we were sitting in the front row and had to crane our necks in addition to having the screen shoved crudely in our faces. Ugh.

Spent most of my day in my room (woke up at like, eleven) and watched random videos around the net and read a few issues of Ultimate Spiderman and then watched a few minutes of Sherlock before Adithya texted and asked if anyone wanted to go out to watch 'The Descendants'.

So then we set out with Wee Thean, and then ended up watching 'Chronicle' instead, because we got to Vivo late and missed the first fifteen minutes of the other movie.

I don't really know what to say about it. I'm sure if I wasn't so bent on willing the headache and dizziness away, I'd have appreciated the concept of using character-filmed footage and the inner turmoil and the eventual evil and slight disturbing-ness. Was pretty interesting, actually, but bad idea for people who suffer from motion-sickness. I imagine editing the movie must've been hell.

Maybe it's just us, but the shaking and the spinning totally ruined the movie experience. Oh Lord. Perhaps it was part and parcel, but no. Never again. Next time I'll take motion-sickness pills with me to the theatre.

School yesterday was quite ordinary. Talked about opinions and perspectives during English. Ms Dass is so brutally blunt. Then had Math (which I adore, because it's so slack and lovely and held in an air-conditioned classroom).

Was released early, so finished our Physics pracs before going off for lunch. Pool-ed for a while, then went to meet up with Ash to discuss things. Haven't seen him since our CCA fair last month. Goodness, I still kind of miss the Year 6s in Media last year.

Anyway, Ash did some amazing animating and stuff over the past month, so then we sat for an hour or so and bounced ideas to and fro. I feel really bad because I know nothing of many things and am hence unable to help. Will find some way to get my hands on After Effects though.

Had pizza first thing during CCA, which made us probably the first CCA in history to have our welcome party dinner before the session actually began.

Faced a few technical difficulties, but then we totally solved it by moving into the 502 classroom and screened our short films there. Pin and Jia Min had pretty awesome videos, then I had to spoil all the art and loveliness by showing them incredibly lame ones. Whoops.

Discussed, but then not really discussed. The real work starts next week. I have pretty much the whole term planned out, so if things go smoothly it'll be a great and productive term.


Okay, I'm going off now. Need to somehow get rid of the nausea.

Night.


P.S. This totally made my night last night. Awesomest thing I've seen in a while. Go Disney nostalgia.

P.P.S. When you realise those movies from your childhood were released an odd twenty/thirty years ago, you suddenly realise that you are old. Oh no.

No comments: