Friday, November 19, 2010

Disappointment.

After so many years, I've finally figured out why I've been avoiding Harry Potter.

Finally.

After reading the Deadly Hallows out of curiosity back in '07, I made the decision to not watch any of the movies, nor touch any of the books ever again.

It always seemed unreasonable to tell people I thought it got crappy. Because maybe it didn't. Because maybe I was too young to understand what was going on at the time (yeah, a few years ago, I actually was young).


Anyway, it hit me a while ago. I know why I've been boycotting Harry Potter.


I used to love Harry Potter. And when I say "love", I really mean it. I knew the first four books inside out and couldn't be more obsessed.

And then when the characters started dying, I just couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle it because it was one of the things I held closest to my heart and I hadn't really grasped the concept of death yet.

It's like I was so immersed in the world of wizarding that it hurt me when characters died.

It was horrible.

And so I shut myself off from Harry Potter because I couldn't bear it. I don't want to hear people talk about it because it just reminds me of the bitter heartbreak I had to face.

So I'll just go on avoiding it for the rest of my life.

Man, I'm such a pathetic loser.



No comments: