Saturday, November 06, 2010

i Light.

I'm currently waiting for two things before I go to sleep tonight.

The first is for a video (of a few I compiled into one) I took today to upload onto Facebook, and the second is for qualifying to start.

Didn't really have time to check out the practice times after I got back, 'cause I thought qualifying was over before realising that this was Interlagos and that everything would start hours later.

Ah, living in Asia has its drawbacks.

So here I am at midnight, waiting for qualifying. Fingers crossed to Massa on pole and Ferrari front row.

It's funny how for the past few years, the Driver's Championship has boiled down to the final race or two. Shows just how tight and competitive the teams are nowadays (if you take out the new teams like Virgin, Lotus and HRT, everyone else is totally within range of each other).

I remember back when people used to make jokes about Force India being the new team after Vijay Mallya took over Spyker, and now they've won a few podium places. How awesome is that? (My dad and I totally root for Force India, 'cause we're Asian and all, you know, gotta support the "local" team.)

Speaking of F1 and how much I hope Ferrari wins this race, we went out today and walked part of the Singapore F1 track and got rained on. Which was awesome fun.

I'm not kidding.

Sometimes I find myself thinking, yeah, nothing's cool about living here. We work our asses off and hardly have time to spend time out and enjoy ourselves without having to stow away thoughts of schoolwork in the deep recesses of our minds. It's not fun at all.

But then you get the weekend off after exams and go out and then totally change your mind.

Checked out that i Light thing at Marina Bay with a couple of the Bruneians and Yanni.

Really wanted to be able to see all the exhibits, but couldn't 'cause it started pouring and we had to seek shelter and stuff like that in case we got all wet and cold.

One thing I like about this newfound love of vlogging of mine is that I don't have to bore people with words depicting every single excruciating moment of my day, 'cause I find that no matter how much I type, it still doesn't beat video.

I also like that Singapore keeps looking for new things to show and new events to host and exhibits to pull off. That's why it doesn't seem like such an utterly dull and monotonous place.

Okay, better go off now. Have to sleep early tonight 'cause we're going off to Johor Bahru tomorrow (this trip with Bruneians).

Adieu.


P.S. I love saying "I'm a tourist" out loud in Singapore, and I love saying "I'm local" out loud in Brunei. That's just the way it is.

No comments: