Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mon Dieu!

Watching 'Ratatouille' with my brother right now. He loves this movie. He loves it so much, and has seen it so many times, I know how to spell "Ratatouille" without needed spellcheck.

But I'm okay with that, because I like Ratatouille too. Remy is the cutest rat ever.

Tokyo trip is over, and from it I've managed to learn two things: The Japanese only use two types of phones; some kind of flip phone, and iPhones (or phones that strongly resemble iPhones in appearance), and that sightseeing alone is horrible.

It's like when you go sightseeing in a foreign country, you often follow a tour, or someone who is familiar with the area, or with family and friends.

But I totally went alone, man. My dad had to work most of the time, which gave me plenty of free time to wander around Tokyo and check out some places.

And it's sad when people ask me if I've been to this place, or that place, 'cause I spent most of my time traveling and getting lost and trying to find my way across the city, and therefore spent very little time actually being at places of interest and shopping (I can't shop, anyway, even if I wanted to).

But yeah, I like to tell myself that it's all about the experience itself, and not just about how much stuff I buy. And I totally agree with myself. It was all for the experience.

I think I managed pretty well there, because I didn't get robbed, nor hopelessly lost. So congratulate me.


Spent all day yesterday in planes and airports. One great thing about air travel is that I get a lot of reading done. Managed to finish 'Sense and Sensibility', which was awesome. Tried explaining the plot to my mum earlier today, and left her all confused, 'cause I went "So there's this old dude, who has a son who had two wives and was rich then died then left all his money to his son's son's son, who was the son of his son's first wife," and ended with "...and basically they got married."

But yeah, it was a good book. Colonel Brandon > Willoughby, definitely.

Started on Leo Tolstoy's 'Anna Karenina', so going off to read it soon.

Adieu.





No comments: