Monday, August 25, 2008

PMB English Oral.

It's official. UBD internet sucks.

Man, if I could compare it's laggingness to something, I'd compare it to snail mail. How much do you want to bet that I can mail a letter to Madagascar faster than I can download a three minute song using this connection?

...Okay, actually, maybe not.
But you get the drift. It's awfully slow.

I feel so professional, sitting at a desk surrounded by my mum's lecture notes and other paraphernalia. If I got the spelling wrong for that, it won't be my fault because this computer doesn't have spellcheck on (or maybe doesn't even have it).
Pfft, lousy software.

You see, I'm stuck here (my mum's office) because of the English oral and no transport home.

And I suppose I'd have to write about the oral now, just because I mentioned it.

Well, it wasn't as awkward as the BM one, though there were plenty of pauses in between sentences.

There was this point, when one of the examiners asked me if I liked shopping.
"No, not really," I told him.
He looked down at his piece of paper (presumably the questions and follow-up questions) and had a slight hint of the "oh-crap-what-do-I-do-now" look on his face.

Awesomeness.
I gave the examiners an awkward moment. Score!

Answers I wish I gave:
"So, you live in Sengkurong?"
"Well duhh, it's in my IC, isn't it?"

"Describe your house."
"Um, okay... Well... You know, I wasn't expecting this question. Can I have another one?"

"Tell me what you see in this picture."
"Well, I see an ugly man, and tourists. Lots and lots of tourists. Eh?"

"Where do you go shopping?"
"I told you already, I don't shop!"

"What kind of person do you think this woman is?"
"An environmentally friendly person? How should I know, I don't know her personally. I don't even know her name, for goodness sake!"

Hold on, I need to eat my cup noodles/late lunch.

Tick tock.

Right, I'm done.

So, Quran collection.

Syaz was very rajin and she wudhu-ed beforehand this morning. Since we have to learn IRK, we all knew that wudhu is cancelled if a guy's skin touches a girl's or vice versa. You should've seen Syaz's face when Firdaus turned around and touched her hand to get her attention.
Hilarious.

We wrote a really corny and crappy letter to Cikgu Ramlah wishing her a happy teacher's day as a class project thing. Now we have her address and we know what it means. Raya time's going to be awfully fun if we decide to "invade" her house.

After we were done with the letter, envelope and all, we gave it to Syahirah to mail it for us (thanks, Syah. We owe you one). Then, the Malays went to the Asrama Puteri.

While they collected their free Qurans, us orang Cina spent time in the gym playing badminton.
I still suck at it.
We played doubles, Steph and I against Sil Suan and Jia Hui (and found out she reads this blog).

Maz handed me Sabriel (from Naimah, she borrowed it from me) and asked me if she could borrow it as well. Books with nice covers are always the ones that get borrowed/bought first. Why? Why is it so cruel and unfair to all the other books?

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Still, it helps for marketing.

No comments: