Sunday, May 09, 2010

Catalunya 2010

Hello world.

Several things of importance happened today. Firstly, it's Wan Shen's birthday today (one of our juniors, otherwise known as "the little boy"). Secondly, Hamilton slammed into a tyre wall. Thirdly, there was cake. Fourthly, Hamilton slammed into a tyre wall. And so on.

I think it was pretty nice of Wan Shen's parents to treat us Bruneians to lunch at Thai Express.


So, about Hamilton slamming into a tyre wall.

The Spanish Grand Prix was tonight, which meant I basically sat here at my laptop staring at the live timings from Formula1.com and Tweeting every single thing that comes to mind.

Talk about having no life.

Anyway, the race turned out pretty good, considering I wasn't able to hear any commentator go "Oh, and Chandhok needs a new nose, by the looks of it", or "OMFG race over for Lewis Hamilton".

I think the Driver's Championship is going to be pretty tight this season. Unlike the previous years, where it was always down to a precious few, this year we might actually not be able to safely place bets till mid-season break.

Scary prospect, but it's the uncertainty that keeps us hooked, I think.

Potential C'ship contenders include drivers like Button (current title-holder), Hamilton (his teammate, whom I think does not deserve the C'ship at all), Alonso (after a few races, I am now pretty convinced that this man will most definitely help Ferrari out here. The eyebrows and temperament aren't really much of an issue at this point), Massa (whom I strongly believe deserves the title this year after all the crap he's been through last year), Vettel (whom I strongly support in his bid for the title this year because he's a brilliant driver) and Webber (who'll probably just come along for the ride but not win the thing).

Of the teams that I have deemed capable of winning the Constructor's Championship, there are only three: Red Bull, McLaren, and Ferrari (oh Ferrari I love you).

Red Bull are looking extremely strong this season. Both cars and drivers constantly in excellent form and in tip-top condition. I wonder what they've been doing. Feeding Red Bull to their drivers, perhaps.


Uncertainties aside, there's only one thing for sure, this thing's gonna be hella close.

Will most definitely see, nearing the end of the season in a couple of months.


Schumacher needs to take a chill pill and loosen up a bit. I think he's been putting too much pressure on himself. He'll improve to almost his old form, probably, if and only if he had enough practice. But testing is banned and that kinda sucks. You go, Schumi. Take your time. I'll be here to support you.

Force India seem to be in much greater form than last year, actually. Looking forward to seeing them win a race and Vijay Mallya treating everyone within a mile radius to free curry. Awesomeness.


Oh, and plucked from a post-race interview of teams and drivers on Catalunya this year, Trulli said the funniest thing: "I'm pleased we finished comfortably ahead of Virgin even though...".

Virgin-Lotus rivalry still on, I hope?


Monaco next week. Reminds me of 'Iron Man 2'. Lovely circuit, horrible lack of overtaking space.


Gotta go now.

Night.


P.S. McLaren are still blindingly and disgustingly in love with Hamilton.

P.P.S. Alonso is now "currypuff man". Don't ask.

No comments: