Monday, May 24, 2010

Floccinaucinihilipilification.

Oh my gee I need to pack.

Following my own advice from last year, I'm going to throw away anything deemed insignificant and unimportant (which is probably hardly anything, since I find it hard to throw things away 'cause of this feeling I get that I might need it for future use).

Okay, going to start packing tomorrow morning. Note-to-self: If you don't, I keeel youu.

I've said it before but I'mma say it again: I hate packing. Horribly tedious and frustrating.


Went for the SIMC (Singapore International Mathematics Competition) opening ceremony today, 'cause we've got an extreme lack of manpower and I wanted to help out.

Basically stood there for half an hour twiddling with the camera controls trying to disable the inbuilt microphone, but failed. Nobody knows except Vishnu (whom everyone I asked told me to ask), and he's been MIA-ing (Missing In Action, just in case you've never heard of it before).

Then when the event really started, basically stood there adjusting camera angles for an hour or so.

Should be more entertaining operating the smaller camera during the closing on Thursday.

Speaking of the smaller camera, got to have fun stalking the foreign SIMC participants with it around Chinatown and Bugis with it and Michelle later on in the afternoon. Michelle was asking me what good came out of being on duty for the opening ceremony, and I told her "The CO playing Mambo No.5". (Personally I thought it would've been absolutely awesome if it was less out of tune and better played. Good job.)

Managed to join Mr Wong's group during the "cultural exchange" thing.

Nothing much to film 'cept people walking and walking and spontaneous funny things these Filipino and American guys did (and the Malaysian who drew an outline of a rectangle with his hands when others asked "What's ba kwa?"), so made use of the time to do a bit of "checking Chinatown out" ourselves, talking about how Helvetica differs from Arial, and other random observations.


Met up with a couple of the Bruneians at Vivo afterwards, 'cause it's Syaf's birthday and we felt like we had to do something about it (they went bowling, but I couldn't go).

Had Ben & Jerry's with Syaf, Wardah, Nicholas, Nazihah, Insan, Yee Rou and Wan Shen. Played 'Truth or Dare'. I think it's a horrid game, but had plenty of laughs getting Nick to ask a pair of girls where Vivo City was.

Okay, gotta go sleep now, 'cause I gotta wake up early to return the camera and other stuff to Dr Li.

Night.

P.S. It's funny how all us NVM volunteers see each other and go, "Man, you look tired,
and then compare how much we've slept since getting back to the hostel.


No comments: