Saturday, May 01, 2010

Influence.

That's it. I'm officially in love with U2 again.

Been listening to songs off YouTube (initially just wanted to watch music vids and live shows for a few songs 'cause for some reason I like to watch guys sing and play musical instruments).

Came across this live show of U2 performing 'Where The Streets Have No Name' and completely fell in love with it.

My dad owns a copy of 'The Joshua Tree' and we used to listen to it occasionally in the car. Yeah, his "play-in-car-with-daughter" CD collection is pretty limited; The Joshua Tree, (What's The Story) Morning Glory, Knockin' On Heaven's Door [Single], a few obscure jazz CDs, pirated burned-by-colleague compilations of songs with top guitar solos and riffs, that funky Indian-fusion one and probably a few more I can't quite recall at the moment.

My mum, on the other hand, has a Michael Bublé compilation CD, her "80's number 1s" compilation CD, ABBA Gold and Queen's 'Greatest Hits I' in her car, if you omit the childrens' songs CDs my brother used to listen to and I can't stand.

Hmm. My dad has the stranger taste in music here (more diverse, I like to call it), but my mum once told me she liked Justin Bieber's 'Baby', so I'm definitely siding my dad on that one. Also, I think my parents are pretty nostalgic, musically. I dunno. I think I'd be that way too, a decade or two from now.

I bet my dad's secretly glad that rock is and always will be my number 1 genre. It's all his fault any way.

I love my parents because they fully understand and support my love affair with music and rock bands.


I need to open up my eyes a little. (Technically I can't 'cause I'm Chinese, and Chinese have slitty eyes, but you get what I mean.)

Need to take up more things, need to improve.


Anyway, using earphones now, 'cause my headphones have been clamped over my ears for the entire day now (not counting lunch and dinner, of course) and my ears have started to ache a little.

I love my Skullcandy products.

Listening to songs is probably the only thing that's kept me awake through piles and piles of lecture notes.

And yes, I've been studying (depends on your definition of studying, really, but I do try, yes.)


Personally I think today's post is turning out quite good. Must be 'cause all my thoughts have been pent up all day.

Gotta go now.

Arrivederci.


P.S. U is less than 1.5.

P.P.S. The next race is Catalunya on the 8th, thankfully after exams. Been out of touch concerning F1 news lately.

P.P.P.S. Headphones give a more open sound, don't you think?

No comments: