Sunday, May 30, 2010

Istanbul 2010

Ah, the sweet, familiarly homely sounds of frogs croaking, crickets chirping, air-conditioner humming, dad snoring, and the karaoke set of our neighbour blasting some kind of Malay song.

Scalp hurts now 'cause I spent all afternoon getting my hair straightened. Ugh, horribleness. Next time I'm just going to let my hair be.


Managed to finish up 'Life, Interrupted' though. Great book. Tourette's probably couldn't be described first-hand any better, in my opinion.

I also loved the fact that it's not fictional, or simply made up to entertain the masses. There's this hint of truth in it that makes the retelling of past events more appealing.

Definitely going to get myself more books like these.

A deeper understanding of such intriguing conditions feels awesome.


About today's race, it's funny how Hamilton won the race and achieved (along with Button) a McLaren one-two, but it's Mark Webber and Red Bull that are currently Twitter's trending topics.

I don't find it surprising at all, actually.

Webber should've won. Honestly. That one-two should've been Red Bull's.

But they shouldn't have screwed up then, so I guess fair's fair after all.

I honestly wonder what Webber has to say to Vettel. "Hey mate, I was winning and you had to go run into me like that and cost us a one-two and my third consecutive race victory? What on earth were you thinking?" I dunno.

Poor Vettel. He must've felt so bad.


Ferrari's 800th race was probably there for them to salvage a few points from yesterday's awful qualifying session. Vettel (pitifully) crashing out helped Massa and Alonso gain a place each, but that's still no excuse for such an average performance. Sigh.

Renault did surprisingly well for Istanbul, 'cause Petrov set the fastest lap of the entire race, and Massa couldn't overtake Kubica and Alonso only managed to find his way past Petrov after many laps. Interesting.


Anyway, feeling really sleepy and nothing much happened during the race, so going off now.

Night.


P.S. I hate it when people speak to me in Mandarin. When I tell them I don't understand, they look at me as if I'm incredibly stupid, and then give me horrible looks/refuse to speak to me at all. So whenever it happens all I do is nod hesitantly, smile nervously and pray hard they won't find my answer weird and that they'll just stop talking.



No comments: