Sunday, September 19, 2010

"'Cause the world will never take my heart." -MCR

Sitting here now, wishing there was no school tomorrow 'cause I would love to sleep in.

Anyway, laziness aside, I have some ranting to do.

Listen, it's okay for a band to want to try new things. It's acceptable for them to want to advance in life. It's fine for individuals to want to explore new sounds to try to express themselves.

It's completely, utterly, totally okay.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

And then there are people who go around complaining about how they've changed and how they've changed their style, and how they've turned your life upside down inside out by doing things differently.

The reason why most successful bands are where they are today is because they love what they do and write music from the bottom of their hearts. It's a form of expression, to let us know what they think and how they view the world. It's their translation of life. It's not our place to make them feel unhappy with what they're doing if they alter their sound.

Hey, musicians are human too, okay?

Let them be.


As I've said before, if you've liked a band because they produce stuff you like, and if you really, really dislike their latest music, you shouldn't be going around commenting about how stupid they've become. It hurts. Feeling disappointed is okay, but you shouldn't be taking it out on the band.


Went out for raya-ing today, but skipped a house (sorry Wardah) 'cause I had to get back and get some stuff done. I think I need to be more productive.

But yeah, raya-ing was fun. It's always tiring, but it's part of the package.


I should be going off now. Have to draft a speech 'cause apparently Ms Lau's going to check tomorrow.

Adieu.


P.S. Come to think of it, typing out this post has totally given me inspiration about what to talk about. Interesting. (And I'm going to have to ditch my 'Luke, I am your father' idea to do it.)

P.P.S. See? Blogging is totally useful.

No comments: