Friday, March 18, 2011

Enthiran.

Yeah, I've been experiencing some time (and more recently, Internet connection) constraints lately, and been unable to post.

Past few days have seen my time being swept away by an onslaught of procrastination, eating, movie-watching, eating, discussing work, eating, doing work, eating, catching up with television shows and the Shaytards' vlogs, and eating.

Oh heck I've eaten so much. I keep telling myself it's completely acceptable to stuff my face with every single bit of food presented to me, because I only get to go back once in a few months, and without eating like a complete pig it makes me feel like I've missed out in life.

Yes, I love home cooked food, and restaurants my parents bring me to. Oh yeah, I like food. Especially home food. These are small joys in life people overlook until they leave home.

And heck, I realise it's been two full years and counting (fast) since I left home, and feelings and opinions have definitely changed. Feeling are a strange sense of belonging in our weird, nerdy school, and a stronger sense of national pride. Yeah, I'm out here to represent my country and I love it to bits, despite it being tiny and exceptionally uneventful. It's called being "peaceful", okay.

And like, it's totally okay to be living elsewhere. In fact, it's cool, even. I like it. Meet new people, see new places. It's all for the experience, and all the good we're gaining out of it makes it even better.


Okay, so like, movies and stuff.

Watched 'Rango' on Tuesday with my mum and brother. Was kinda weirded out at first, but yeah, wasn't bad at all. Kinda makes you want to truly know the answer to "Who are you?" Who am I? Something. Definitely something. And Johnny Depp's voice? Mm yeah, that's all I have to say about that.

Watched 'Enthiran' today with Wee Thean, Kelvin, Jon Koo and Wei Ren. Was supposed to do some filming, but abandoned our plans 'cause our chicks wouldn't show up.

And wow, it was just wow. Like, wow. It was my first full-length Indian movie, to be honest with you, and I thought it was just wow. So that's what happens when Bollywood gets ridiculously high budgets. It was pretty great and definitely epic (epic enough to get onto RWJ), but the dance sequences. Oh the dance sequences.

I think if we'd had watched it individually, we'd have skipped all the dance sequences (that seem to pop up at the weirdest times), but since we watched it together we kind of forbade ourselves to fast forward. Epic, yeah they were epic.


And Glee, oh I have to talk about Glee. Spoiler alert, but I have to say it. Blaine and Kurt. Finally. Oh homosexual acceptance. Yay.


Night.

No comments: