Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Intellectual prostitutes," -John Swinton

Before I start, here's the vlog I made today, 'cause I spent most of my afternoon catching up with lost sleeping time and probably won't have much to say.

Listening to Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' right now. Don't have to really understand it, but yeah it's catchy.

Woke up early today to head over to this place where we watched people perform, sang and then ate. Bruneian Maulud Nabi celebration. Was fun, but I couldn't stop yawning, so came back and KO-ed.

I think I might be obsessed with our video (the one we filmed yesterday, and then dubbed ourselves 'The Dinner Table Crew').

It's ridiculously epic. More epic than we expected, really.

I love that I finally get to produce real videos again, and not these vlogs I edit with iMovie.

Oh man, I love exploring the possibilities open up to you when you play around with Final Cut Pro. So many things to do, so much power and manipulation.

I'm wondering if I should get my own video camera. We know from experience that (good) DSLRs take video with more depth than those mainstream handheld video cameras, but I don't think I'm looking for something that serious. Yet.

I just want something I can carry around everywhere I go so I can vlog whenever I want (which my iPod works perfectly well for, actually) and yet be good enough to film professional-looking videos.

I don't think I want to step into the vast, dangerous world of DLSRs.

But I didn't say it's not tempting.


All right, I'm going off now.

Adieu.


P.S. It's strange how when we're relieved of "hell week" (what we refer to last week as) we feel as if we've got nothing to do. No, concentration is required. Must concentrate.

No comments: