Saturday, June 21, 2008

Water and bananas.

My phone's bluetooth has gone all cacat. It keeps giving me "sending failed" after I press the "send" button. I don't even have to select the bluetooth option. This meants I can't send the photos I took this afternoon to my computer so I can upload 'em here. 

See? I'm such a nice person. Taking all the trouble to do that so you guys can have a glimpse of the PSK opening ceremony. *cough*

So, PSK opening ceremony.

- Spent the whole morning wondering whether my dubok (that's uniform to you) would fit in my bag of not. Guess what? It did.

- With that matter resolved, I arrived at the Stadium to find myself the only person wearing the Tutong tracksuit among us TKD people. Luckily Khairul came five minutes later, so he could join me in being a Tutong representative. Then we stuffed all our stuff in Rezam's car, because we had nowhere to leave our bags and duboks.

- Then sabumnim showed up, wearing this real cool red T-shirt. He cracked a few jokes, and made us make a few phone calls to the people who hadn't shown up yet. Choo didn't come 'cause he was in Temburong doing some...thing. According to Lorena. I can't remember. Speaking of Temburong, we didn't see Nicholas anywhere. 

- Us Tutong folk got separated from the Brunei Muara lot 'cause we followed sir Rauf and got lost. We stood outside the restaurant for an awful long time.

- After we found our place somewhere in the Tutong group, we followed the Brunei Muara and Belait contingents into the Stadium, where it was hotter than ever. At least it was a bit cloudy. Tutong tracksuits are hot (here meaning panas) and Brunei Muara get caps. Meh. Makes us all more envious. Half of us rolled up our sleeves and unzipped our jackets. Lorena and Fara kept telling me their tracksuits were cooler than mine (which is damn true). I retaliated by telling them my tracksuit actually fit me, 'cause Brunei Muara tracksuits are big and saggy. With the caps worn backwards, it couldn't made the whole group look like a bunch of lost rappers. All that was missing there was the bling.

- So inside, it was hot, stuffy, and we suffered a speech and lack of oxygen. 

- After totally ignoring a speech made by the guest of honour who wasn't looking at us at all (instead the guy was facing some other direction with his back towards us) and messing up the ikrar, there was an unseen (by me) performance. Some other things happened while Arif teased Hazwani about her PSK pass photo and I tried to stay as cool as possible (both temperature-wise and image-wise, of course). I swear it was hot.

- We had to walk past dozens of cameras and cameramen (and women) to get out of the Stadium and join the other TKD people. They kept telling us we were sesat. Hmph. Yeah, whatever, guys. 

- Following our brief "reunion" (where Arif resorted to looking into our pockets for his "adik Saipol" 'cause Saiful was representing Brunei Muara and we laughed at the girl guides for some reason), we split up and met up again at Menglait for training. That was seriously tiring. An hour standing, half an hour in the sun followed by training is not good. Fara, Wani and I took advantage of Safiana's driving license and car and made her drive us there. No, we weren't that bad. She offered.

- Coach nim weighed us after training. I have to put on 1.5 kg before Tuesday or I get disqualified. Lorena has to put on 1 kg. After all this time watching my diet, I'm finally free to eat as much as possible. I hope I don't fall ill though. Sabumnim told us to drink lots of water and eat bananas. Hmmmm.

No comments: