Sunday, April 19, 2009

Artemia.

Has anyone noticed that I went past the four hundred post mark around a week ago? I just did. 

I should have reached it ages ago, but the seemingly never-ending amount of work to is to blame. I used to blog every single day. Now, probably only five times a week. Tsk. 

So I have awful time management skills. 


I wrote that approximately a day and a half ago. Couldn't even finish a post. 

Since I'm trying to rid of Haw Par Villa from my front page, I'm going to try to get in as many posts as possible. 

Yesterday, we managed to finish our Geography model on time (like, very super last minute). But it looked really good. We had awesome trees (kebab-ed green crepe paper on toothpicks), an awesome volcano ('cause Rania and I made it in an hour and a half) and cute little styrofoam houses (also kebab-ed on toothpicks).

Feyra was telling me this morning that she saw our Geography teacher grading our models at the concourse, and she and her friends told Ms Chua that our model was nice. Ms Chua said she'd take note of that. Thank you Feyra.

So anyway, we had another Bio practical yesterday. It seems like we're sacrificing a lot of lives for the sake of our education. The terrarium killed loads of poor arthropods, last week was snails, and this week? Little shrimp things called Artemia

Artemia are funky little creatures. Apparently they're really good at the whole dying/surviving thing, that's why we were going to use them to find how much of each pollutant (pesticide, thermal, acid) would kill half of their population. 

Poor little things. 

They all survived, apart from the ones in the pH3 test tube. Ouch. 

Ms Feng let us keep the Artemia. I think it was a mistake. The guys were trying to see how many ways they could kill the things. Shaking, soap, ink, et cetera. Animal cruelty. They have rights too, you know.

After that, after handing in our Geo models, we went to the hall for the song translation competition. To be honest, a few of the performances weren't really great. Awful, even. 
The Bubbly (by Colbie Caillat) to French one should win. 

I'm going for dinner and Study Time now. Post about today later. 

Much fewer people turned up for Study Time yesterday, 'cause we all got lectured real bad about discipline and how we weren't supposed to talk blah blah blah in the library. 

Tsk.

No comments: