Friday, April 03, 2009

Sound Of Music.

Concerts attended so far: 2 out of 3.

Oh joy. I must interrupt this programme (or blog post) due to sudden news. Man, if I wasn't living in a hostel full of people listening in on me, I would yell my arse off. 

Can you believe it? Hamilton has just been disqualified from Australia's race along with his team, McLaren and may be disqualified for the entire season for lying to the FIA stewards.
Can you believe it? Ferrari have started to set their pace in Sepang, with Kimi recording quickest times and Massa feeling all positive. 
Can you believe it?? I'm in utter stupor, such complete shock, that I've got my blogging mood back on. 

I really do miss blogging properly. 

Thank you Stella, thank you so, so, so much for letting me in on the good news. (I did tell you to have faith, didn't I? Hahahah.)
I don't know, but right now, I feel super content.

Now back to the concert.

It was super awesome. 

After CCA, we (Krystin and Michelle from Year 1 and I) stole some dinner from the orchestra members and Music Ambassadors, then met up at the Auditorium at 6 p.m 'cause we were asked to.

Apparently, we were supposed to wear black clothes, but since Roslyn (our vice head) didn't message me or anything like that, I had absolutely no idea until CCA time. At least I could go back to the hostel to change, but the thing is, I don't have any black clothes. Or at least, black pants and a nice, long-sleeved (albeit uncomfortable and stuffy) black shirt like those orchestra dudes had to wear. 

Anyway, Krystin, Vishnu (one of the "men in black" [sorta racist comment]) and I planned our filming routine carefully for the first half of the concert, which involved loads of running around in the dark and trying to steady our shaking hands under the weight of the huge (but not so huge) professional-looking video camera we had gotten acquainted with on Wednesday.

I think it's actually very cool to be one of the backstage people. Sorta like mysterious and unknown though we play a very important role. We couldn't "sit back and relax" like the powerpoint slide asked us to, but we had loads of fun. And I mean it.

Our CCA teacher-in-charge is going to kill us when she sees the rubbish we took at the end when the people were having their refreshments. People from my Music class (including me) insisted (not everybody) we take a video or picture of us being there to prove to Ms Tay we actually attended the concert. I wonder what she's going to say when she sees it.

The songs are still stuck in my head, appearing at seemingly random moments. 

Today's verdict: Fun. (Although I got a noseful of hot and stinkin' ammonia that burnt my nose and killed my nostrils during Chemistry. The stink will give me nightmares. I hope I never have to go through that Hell ever again.)

No comments: