Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mad and detached?

Last night Stella was telling me about this strangely "perfect, hot quantum physicist", Dr Basil Singer. 
It's probably no big deal to you, but this is extremely interesting because:

1. He doesn't look hot in the photographs displayed. Maybe he's just not photogenic. 
2. Stel says it's hard to find a guy who's both genius and cool.
3. He could be an egoistic maniac bent on taking over the world.
4. He's British.
5. What if he's gay?
6. Yeah, I'm out of valid reasons. 


One and a half days have passed since I last posted, and Da Vinci is still effective as a powerful sleeping pill, Physics class still confuses me, English is still wacky, Maths is still stuck on construction (which I find quite to my liking), and Malay with Cikgu Isa still makes us sleepy. 

Yeah, I did say Cikgu Isa. Our BM teacher was on MC today, to menjalani pemeriksaan doktor*, says Cikgu Isa. 
There were eight of us in class, half were falling asleep, one was actually sleeping, and the rest were daydreaming or trying not to. 
Test has been postponed to tomorrow. 

Stella (aka SAS' "cream of the crop" 8A1 girl) and Effie (si famous) are talking about watching American idol. I want to watch as well. I miss being at home, switching on television and changing the channel to Star World, lounging on the sofa under the air-conditioner and munching on junk food (yeah, I'm a couch potato. Sometimes I do some stretching and sit/push ups though, so I'm not that unhealthy). 

I feel so deprived.

You people who complain about not living overseas don't know how much we overseas people wish we were you. 
There are some things to appreciate while you have them at the moment. Don't wait until you can't bring it back to start telling everyone how much you wish you had spent more time with it. 
Like family.
Or friends.

...Or Astro.

I feel so deprived.

Probably I'll become a mad, detached person when I'm older because I will always feel that I miss out on everything that's happening back home and spend my time wondering what things would've been like if I had the chance to stay.

But don't worry, things are looking up. My homework load has decreased (though tests are coming in a few weeks). 

Oh, and I'm going home next month. 

Seriously, this isn't so bad after all.

Now let's all go and subscribe to Astro.



*get examined by a doctor.

No comments: