Tuesday, February 17, 2009

National Geographeeek.

I'm going to write two posts at the same time. How cool is that?

Um, not really, but I'mma gonna do it anyway.

I was rushing to complete our (Ivy and I) Music assignment yesterday and the day before. 

It's kinda funny how fast time flies when you want it to go as slow as possible while you're racing it. Obviously you want to win, but time works in funny ways. 
Like when you're bored out of your mind, time crawls by like it's on all fours carefully eyeing the floor for the contact lens it dropped. 

But I digress. 

We went around the school to take pics of structures with an order of symmetry of more than one. That was super hard, man. Many things were symmetrical, but had only one order of symmetry. 
It would've been easier if we lived in the Renaissance (we learned in Music that art and architecture was very much preferred to be symmetrical), but then we wouldn't have digital cameras to take pictures of them. We'd have to set up camp and stand there painting for a few hours. 
I doubt it would've made any difference to me now, 'cause my phone is broken and I'm using Wardah's old Nokia (thank you Wardah). No camera there.

For English, Mr Alvin Lin walked in with a stack of National Geographic magazines (which I've skimmed through before in the TV room [they have a new issue every month there]). I hadn't paid for them yet, but I took one anyway. 

I've missed Nat Geo. And when my dad used to return home from work and toss me a newly issued copy. Nat Geo rules.

The printer in the Computer lab broke, so I had to write out the page we were missing with my very own hand. Our Music teacher is going to kill us, because I think compared to Zhen Jie and Si Min's, ours was completely crap. At least we handed it in on time and had plenty (too much, says Ivy) of information for the Baroque half of our assignment. I chucked in a whole lot of irrelevant information. But it was interesting, I think.

Spent Music time writing about Wagner and Mahler for Assignment 2. Yeah, you Art people, rub it in *cough Rania MJ Cheryl cough*. I just happen to like Music more. I don't regret my choice, so I'm dealing with the workload. Like the phrase "love me, love my dog." 
No, I don't own a dog. It just means if you really like something you have to learn how to live with the things that come with it even if you don't really like them.

I spent Geography doodling on my table, half-listening to our Geog teacher talk about diverging and converging oceanic and continental plates and the landforms formed. 
I like Geography because it's super-understandable. 
Things are great if they're understandable. It's easier to learn 'em that way.

PE was tiring. Ran four rounds of the track in an awful ten minutes and fifty seconds. 
I pretty much walked my way round the track. My stamina is terrible and so is my long-distance running.

I want to sparrr. 
I miss sparring. 
The exhilaration.
It rocks (not igneous, sedimentary or metamorphic, okay? The other "rocks").

I'm going to shower and then do my FPS Olympics thing later.

Adieu.

No comments: