Sunday, November 15, 2009

The art of packing.

Busy, busy, busy.

Still talking about packing but not really doing anything.

Talked about it yesterday with Fatinn, today during lunch and dinner with Woan Chyi. The topic comes up at random moments. It's like, we're walking from the canteen to the hostel, and one of us goes, "I need to pack".

But seriously, I need to pack.

Five days to go, man, and all I've done that counts as packing is half-cleared my side of the table, assembled a box, dumped a few books inside and sat down to listen to Sam Sparro's "Black and Gold" repeatedly on YouTube.

I know it came out ages ago, but I never downloaded it, and yeah, it's a good song.

Who cares if Sam Sparro is gay? Gays write good music. (I dunno. They've just got this thing about the way they sing.)

Oh, and apparently the Taiwan trip has been cancelled for me. Heard from Neko who heard from my mum. She hasn't said a word to me about anything as of late, so... bleh.

Still wondering about how to pack all my stuff. Thank God I own fewer things than the average female boarder. (Actually I'm not so sure. Either that, or Bruneians sure have hell loads of belongings.)

Theoretically, packing is a simple thing. You take your things, put them in boxes/luggage, and zip up. End of story.

Reality-ly ("in reality", just trying to make it sound nicer), you need to look for the things you want to pack, organise them, try to figure out what goes where and how, attempt to squish everything in one box/bag, fail terribly, take everything out again, get overwhelmed by the amount of dust that comes from cleaning out drawers and such (my eye was all itchy and swollen this afternoon), wonder how on earth you could let so much unwanted paraphernalia pile up, and so on.

I just feel like dumping everything I own into boxes and pretending I don't need to care about paying for excess luggage.

I don't want to wait for last-minute panic packing. That's not good.

This should be easy. Right?

Of course not.

Better go off now. Syaf just finished packing one box. Hell. I haven't even one-eighth filled my box yet.

Adieu.

No comments: