Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the tiga belas.

Haven't blogged for ages.

All right, skipping a day's post doesn't count as ages, but still.

Had our first day of script-checking yesterday. Cheryl was asking me, "How could you not be nervous?" and I told her I was, but was probably doing a pretty good job at hiding it.

Besides, according to MJ's philosophy, "If you're nervous, you fail. If you're not nervous, you still fail. So why nervous?"

So, yeah. Nothing we could've done or can do at this point, right?

Basically, we got our papers back, swore a bit, complained about the lousy marking scheme and ambiguousness of the questions, swore some more when we discovered other people managed to do much better, got whacked on the head if you did better than others, and gave up trying to look for more marks to claim.

And speaking of claiming marks, I claimed an entire seventeen marks for my Malay paper 2. Now that was epic.

Anyway, went out to West Coast Plaza to have curry chicken yesterday with Deborah, Cheryl, MJ and Wai Yin. The security guard wouldn't let me in even though it was a script-checking day, so I had nowhere else to go. Was worth it though. Curry chicken tasted goood.

Walked around after that. All those Christmas jingles and food in Cold Storage just makes me look forward to Christmas. I don't celebrate it, but knowing Christmas is coming just feels good. Don't know why.


It's a Friday the thirteenth today. That's seriously cool.

I remember a few years back when I was scrolling through my phone calendar wondering when the next Friday the thirteenth would occur in November. 2009 seemed a really long way from where I was then.

It's like, "Hey, that's ages away, man," but now it's like, "Oh hell, it's today.".

Time is scary. It's like, totally inevitable, and it scares the hell outta me.

Okay, better stop, or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Going back in exactly one week.

Whee.

I love life.

Even though it's completely unfair and full of selfish bastards.

Arrivederci.

No comments: