Sunday, February 21, 2010

Evolution Garden

Note: This post is dated Saturday, February 20, 2010 and not as stated above.


Today's a Saturday (here we go again, pointing out the blindingly obvious). But it sure didn't feel like one.

Reasons why it didn't feel like a Saturday:

1. Woke up early. Seriously, man, it sucks to have to wake up early on a Saturday morning, when your roommate and toiletmates are all sleeping happily away knowing it's a weekend ('cause weekends are for sleeping in).

2. Went to school. (Oh wait, I live at school. Let me rephrase.) I mean, assembled at school, went on a Bio field trip and did school-related work.

3. Wasted time at the SLI rehearsal. At least I managed to write 160 words of that 500-word karangan we're supposed to do.

4. Was in school uniform for most of my day.


Yeah, that's pretty much it, but there goes another Saturday. Sigh.


Anyway, to sum up the Bio field trip to the Botanic Gardens in one word is simple: plant-y.

A lot of people have grown to despise the very presence of plants since the start of BL3105: Botany. But I think I've become rather attached to them. Interesting things, plants.

And I think we're turning mad or something. Was on the way to West Coast Plaza for lunch with MJ, Aisyah, Wei Qi, Mei Zhen and Si Min when we saw these random plants and started wondering whether they were eudicots or monocots and turning them over to look for sori (fern sporangium, not a failed spelling of "sorry") to see whether they were ferns or not.

I sorta miss the old times when we could walk past a flower pot without going, "Oh look, I know the scientific name of a species of the same genus."

It's just weird. As Debb put it, we've become plant-ards.


Went to the track and fitness corner with Fatinn and Woan Chyi after sleeping through dinner. Pretty fun. Ran (or rather, jogged at an extremely leisurely pace taking my sweet time) six rounds without stopping. My timing was epicly slow and failed. No surprises there.

All right, time for bed now.

Night.


P.S. Heard about Tiger Woods' public apology? Apparently, he is so sori.

P.P.S. My addiction to playing the Asturias intro is back. Need to learn the rest 'cause it's awesome that way.

P.P.P.S. When Fatinn said that nobody'd want to declare themselves a she-male on Facebook, I told her I didn't mind, actually, but if I did, the only thing people would say is "finally".

No comments: