Thursday, September 25, 2008

S'pore is gearing up.

I'll leave another post for pictures. This one is reserved for text.

And a lot of text there is.

Day 1- 
Dragged myself out of bed at half past five (like normal school days, so I guess it wasn't a big deal) to catch an eight in the morning RBA flight to Singapore. 
Got all that sorted, had some Royal Brunei Catering breakfast and arrived at Changi Airport quite early. The whole process from airport to hotel to hotel room was uninteresting, though I got a glimpse of the Singapore F1 circuit. It's pure awesome.

There were just three of us. Me, my mum, and my mum's sister. They shopped, I dropped. I swear, I couldn't feel my legs after Chinatown.
And yet my mum still had the energy to climb up an escalator in order to feed her iron will to shop, shop, and shop some more. Come on, then what was the whole point of using an escalator in the first place?

Day 2- 
One thing I like about Singapore is that almost all of their publics toilets actually have toilet paper. Unlike Brunei. And the toilets are relatively cleaner. Oh, much, much cleaner. 
After we bought many things and looked at many, many goods on display for sale, we finally did something I wanted to do: visit Kinokuniya.
I bought Brisingr, the much awaited third book of the Inheritance Cycle (you didn't have to read that, honestly, I was just being geeky). Also, I added to my collection Autobiography of a One Year Old (extremely funny, aimed at people who write their autobiographies at too early an age e.g. Lewis Hamilton) and two other books probably worth mentioning but at a time later than this.
God, I so need to read Brisingr, but it's real thick and I have more important things to read (not that Brisingr isn't important, Mr Paolini) such as warning signs, textbooks, and notes. 

Later that night, some long-winded woman wearing treble clefs as earrings sells us various Manuka Honey products. Uh... That's all I remember. And that we ate at some Chinese restaurant and I avoided pork.

Day 3- We spent most of the morning packing, shopping (see? You can't stop these shopaholics), then rushing back to the hotel to pack some more before we had to check out at noon.
Then visited Toys R Us.
And walked past the place where Kimi was scheduled to visit later that night... Damn it. I can only swear. I was just a few hours from meeting him in person. Oh, screw it. Just win, Iceman, kay? If you can't, help Massa win the Championship this year, 'cause he helped you out last year and you know that.

Forza Ferrari. 

May Singapore's night race work out well.

I hope none of the drivers have astigmatism.

No comments: