Sunday, February 20, 2011

The King's Speech.

Listening to Guns N' Roses at the moment, because sometimes you just need to be reminded of how sweet, sweet rock used to sound like.

It's funny how a lot of songs that make the charts nowadays are sort of generic pop songs that'll be forgotten in a few years. Certain music groups from the old days though, those last forever.

Went out today with Kelvin, Woan Chyi, Adithya and Colin, 'cause we haven't been out together in a long time, and there are movies to be watched.

Lunched at Marché before Woan Chyi left us early and we went to watch 'The King's Speech'.

I've been wanting to watch this particular movie ever since Colin Firth (who my mum absolutely adores 'cause of his performance in 'Pride and Prejudice') won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in it.

And yes, now I say that he totally deserved it. Most amazing acting.

It's like when he stutters, you feel for him. Each pause makes you want to urge him on, and it hurts you inside too, when he doesn't seem to able to find his words.

Oh, and that chemistry he has with Geoffrey Rush.

I have to admit that I absolutely loved this movie. It was stunning, enrapturing, simple, yet so brilliantly pieced together. Superb acting, great use of the rule of thirds, and amazingly entertaining dialogue. Mm yeah.

It kind of makes me feel like I want to become a director when I'm older (makes me sound so naïve, doesn't it?).

It'd be an awesome job. I'd be like Peter Jackson, or Tim Burton, except I wouldn't have a beard, or look unkempt pretty much all the time. But great minds don't have to worry about outer appearance, do they? They're bloody rich and sought after. What does that matter?


Okay, it's a Monday tomorrow, so sleep is required for the start of a new week.

Adieu.


P.S. Here's the vlog I shot yesterday, brought to you by Pepsi.


No comments: