Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tug of war.

You know, with all these things going on around the world, it's good to keep yourself updated.

But nowadays I find myself simply refusing to do so. Yeah, knowing how badly we've screwed up the world just makes me sad, and I don't want to intentionally make myself sad.

People dying, destruction, murder, rape, pain, suffering, so much loss. It's horrible, and I just want to live in my little bubble of ignorance-induced peace for a little while longer.

So yeah, in my little bubble of ignorance-induced peace, it's a Thursday today, because our timetable swap dictated it to be so.

PE was quite fun, actually, 'cause we got to tug of war and not run rounds around the track. Arms and shoulders kind of ache from all the pulling, and the strain-taking, but yeah it was awesome fun.

Managed to get John Huang on our team, which was a ridiculously large added bonus to our "d-bag" technique.

Postponed our karangan test to next Tuesday, 'cause we were all tired and dying from PE. Did crosswords instead.

Sat around listening to a lecture on mortality rates during Geog, and then sat around some more when our teacher had to leave. Accomplished very little, and things got weird with sticky-note-sticking.

Wrote a lot during English, 'cause of that essay test we just had to have. Doing English here just raises my insecurities about my ever depreciating standard of English, but I dunno. I still enjoy writing, whether they like it or not. They might not give me As anymore, but I'm cool with that.

Mr Chia cracked some really, really lame jokes during Math, but that's okay, because we're lame enough to laugh along with him.

Stayed in the canteen longer than usual during dinner, 'cause the library's closed tonight, and therefore no study time in the library. We sort of have to fulfill our quota of hanging out together, us hostel people.

Then like, celebrated Jiann Guo's birthday later on in the night, 'cause that's what Bruneians do, we get together to make people less depressed on their birthdays. Go Bruneian unity.

All right, better be going off now.

Night.


P.S. Want to know what Mr Chia thinks is the most amazing coincidence in the world? That his mother and father got married on the same day. How unthinkable.


No comments: