Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Don't jump..."

Kicking off with a few speeches, and me attempting a joke for the MCs to say, "Ladies and gentlemen, please shut up and listen to us!", the 2nd Annual Junior Speech Competition ended on a high but kind of flat note. I don't know how that's possible though, but trust me(not advisable) that's just the way it was.
SO, we came on during the break after the Form One speeches, starting with Siang Wen(whose second place trophy later fell to pieces in her hands for some weird reason. Telepathy?) speaking on turtles to some guy called Faiz whose speech was on something...oh crap my memory is already deteriorating... after the violinists and pianist. Our performance was okay, I guess. Neko told me Miss Zaza told her that the audience was completely quiet. That's a compliment to me. And I noticed that nobody ever tells me anything... Most people tell information to Neko which we both are entitled to know. Hmm... Maybe I'm overdoing the "I'm non-existent, don't look at me" part? I don't know. Actually, I don't really mind so it's okay. After all, ignorance IS bliss.

After break, I was emo-ing outside my class at the usual bridge area leaning against the railing while it drizzled at an alarmingly slow rate. Sir Albert then walks past and tells me, "Don't jump, you weren't that bad."

And I say, "What made you think I was going to jump?"

To which Muiz replies, "'Cause you thought you were bad."

I really need to come up with better retorts on the spot. My current ones are so damn lame... Argh. Those who are witty are indeed fortunate. I, on the other hand, am not. I think I could come up with some ripostes if I weren't afraid of hurting people's feelings though. Which, unfortunately, I am.

So there, that kind of concludes it all. I suck at being a quick-thinker, doing backswings(a type of kick in taekwondo if you're wonderin'), and being sane.

Oh, and congrats to Qilah from MB2T for winning the Form 2 category. Lucky the E in category(or other letters) didn't fall off the backdrop otherwise it would've read something like...

"Junior Cat gory Prepared Speech Co petition 2007"

No comments: