Saturday, November 24, 2007

Things That Piss Me Off.

What happened to my MSN? I can't seem to sign in. It keeps telling me my password is wrong, yada-yada. But I am seriously sure that my password is correct. Let me add that to my list of things that piss me off and make me an extremely unpleasant person.

Things That Piss Me Off And Make Me An Extremely Unpleasant Person

- People who aren't sure of what they're doing and never think ahead. Like, for example, e.g., exempli gratia, this morning, where there were these people. Oh, there were people who claimed this audition was going to be held and made other people wait for that last-minute audition for ages while the location for this last-minute audition that never took place was never even confirmed, people who had a communication deficiency of some sort who couldn't even get a simple message across to one another, people who sucked, people who sucked up, all sorts, I can tell you. As you can see, I don't like people very much.

- Last minute performances, rehearsals and the such. I mean, come on, imagine this scenario.
You are enter a room. Its occupants ask you to tune this guitar. But the tuning keys and the tuning both suck. Your partner in performance is trying to teach someone else how to sing while playing another guitar, that someone else with a dream of singing on stage and idolises your partner in performance. Then you go upstairs to borrow someone else's tuner, which is, sorry to say, crappy. Then you get dragged over to some room called the counselling room full of MPs. Then they turn you out of the place and have to walk all the way to the other side of the school to 2T. The others tell you and the people with you to meet at the lecture theatre at 10.30. This never happens. Just imagine things get worse from here as the audition apparently never happens also, you have to follow people around like a dog and it's seriously boring with nothing to do. Sad. This is the sort of thing that makes you want to go right to the edge of a tall building and scream, "CRAP!!!"

You know, there's also something I don't get here. Why do so many people I know want to perform on stage? What's so great about it? Tell you what, I hate it, I seriously, seriously dislike performing. There are all sorts of performers out there. Take singers for example. There are those who want to sing because they just want to be idolised. Those who sing just for the fun of it. Those who sing for money. Those who sing for fame, respect, admiration. Those who sing to show off. And the problem is, some of these guys just suck. Just plain SUCK. Let me tell you that. But nobody has the guts to tell them that. And when you do, you are labelled as "mean, insensitive, a show-off, et cetera et cetera." And when you don't, I believe you are a liar, a suck-up, a coward. I'm sorry. That's just the way life is.

Life isn't fair sometimes, but you have to realise that hey, you know what, sometimes things don't go your way for a reason. Sometimes it's just meant to be. Okay, so you can't sing, why not try something else?

One thing to realise here, if you really know that you have that potential, work for it. There's nothing to lose. Nothing.

Man, I sound so corny.

No comments: