Thursday, November 08, 2007

Lectures.

- Not recommended for groups of 300 students with short attention spans.

- Not to be given by three serious looking teachers in a span of three hours.

- Said teachers are not recommended to wear pink.


One good thing about this morning's talk was that it was in the gym. With air conditioning. Good, sweet aircon. How I'd love you so much more if you didn't emit those CFCs people are talking about.
So anyway, we were actually quite okay with it, being interactive until that very point when we just couldn't care anymore. The school's head disciplinary teacher had taken custody over the microphone, where she was standing clad in a shocking pink baju kurong saying something about school discipline. I was already nodding off to sleep when I noticed the words 'Membawa barang-barang elektronik- Mp3, mp4, iPod dll' and 'Alat muzik- membawa gitar' under 'Kesalahan disiplin yang sering dilakukan oleh pelajar-pelajar'.
I nudged Neko, who was sitting next to me. We were had all committed those crimes. My iPod was in my pocket and her mobile phone was in her bag. I had brought my guitar to school the day before. Uh oh.

Then before the CCA briefing, I met a friend of mine, who's friend told me the guitar rule was actually made up by the disclipine teacher herself. Hmm. That triggered some thought.

From the CCA briefing, I discovered a few things that might come in handy for future reference:-

1. Never arrive late for any briefing of any kind.

2. School CCA forms are ridiculous. A quarter of the clubs are for older kids, another quarter you have no idea what they are, and the other half are clubs you wouldn't want to be caught dead in.

3. Aerobics -something you shouldn't do with a CCA form crammed in your pocket, and in between two people who are seemingly over-vigorous and have no idea what they're doing.

4. My school disclipine master heads the club 'Modern Dancing." O.o

I will leave you now with that final disturbing thought. I need to go and decide which club I should join...