Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cell Bio pickup lines.

Spent morning editing, afternoon sleeping, and evening reading Cell Bio notes.

Yeahp, just summed up my day in a sentence.

Spent quite a bit of time looking up the Royal Wedding, and watching the Shaytards vlogs, too, but that shall be totally compensated by my soon-to-be ridiculously effective studying.

Pickup lines. Yes, pickup lines. With creating pickup lines related to concepts in our Cell Bio notes, I have discovered that yes, it is relatively easier to remember things now, 'cause I just love pickup lines.

So this is a list of the pickup lines we came up with tonight, (apart from the ever-famous 'If I could be an enzyme I'd be helicase so I could unzip your genes" line).


We're like centrioles; we exist as a pair. (MJ came up with this one and tweeted it, which kind of got my pickup-line juices working.)

You're the Guanine to my Cytosine, the Adenine to my Thymine, the pyrimidines to my purines. (Further note from Fatinn, the Adenine to my Uracil in RNA.)

If I could be an enzyme I'd be helicase so I could unzip your genes. (Ripped off the internet.)

If I were DNA polymerase III, you'd be my RNA primer; I can't do a thing without you. (Wei Ren pointed out that DNA polymerase I rewrites RNA primer as DNA, but then eventually our DNA would be one.)

Not even the strongest of spindle fibres could pull us apart. (Joo Kee made some comment about this affecting the cell cycle, but that's okay. If our cells die out, our cells die out, all for the sake of love.)

"stop it yawen YOU'RE GOING CRAZYYYY" (Woan Chyi's comment after seeing all this on Facebook)

We're like the large and small subunits of a ribosome. Without each other we can't function.

If I were a tRNA and you were a ribosome, I'd get rid of your E site so I'd never have to leave you.

Can you be a vesicle tonight? 'Cause I'm a lysosome and we need to fuse. (I can't believe I came up with this one. Oh what was I thinking.)

When I see your face, it's like my brain cells are soaked in Protoslo. (Mitra's.)


Okay, enough of nerdy flirting for tonight. Need to shower and watch the latest episode of Glee.


P.S. Time goes slower when you're listening to classical music.

No comments: