Saturday, April 09, 2011

Never Say Never

Won't be able to get onto Twitter or post this post for a while, 'cause I'm currently connected to the internet through a LAN port, which ensures a less frustrating and much faster uploading of today's vlog.

Usually have stuff to vlog about whenever I go out, so yeah, I did go out today.

Went to Marina Square (and its vicinity) with Fatinn, Fatin 2.0 (this is what we call the junior Fatin), Emily, Hafiy, Yee Rou and Mahadhir. Sometimes, you just get so sick of being stuck in the same area for so long, you just have to get out, even when there's no purpose whatsoever.

Stir crazy, yes. (How sad is it that I learnt this term from playing The Sims 3? Speaking of which, I haven't played in ages 'cause once I start I can't stop, and that would be really bad for me considering our workload.)

Anyway, watched 'Limitless', and then talked a tonne about Justin Bieber (and his movie 'Never Say Never'), and then walked around a bit.

'Limitless' was quite all right, except for the fact that it just seemed so inconclusive. I'm not sure what made me felt that way, but it just did. As if there were just some issues left unresolved. But yes, the idea was definitely interesting. It makes you wonder if we could ever be able to take a pill that guaranteed brain-use enhancement, and where that would be able to take us. Probably way beyond our limits, as the movie title suggests.


Wanted to look for 'Royal Assassin' by Robin Hobb (second book of the Farseer Trilogy, yes, I admit I absolutely adore trilogies), but upon it not being there, I got myself 'Dreadfully Ever After' (wonderfully titled sequel to 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'), 'The Bro Code' (a real-life reference to How I Met Your Mother), and 'Stardust' by Neil Gaiman (because I loved the movie).

Oh books. I love books. They've always offered me a little window of escape from reality, somewhere full of happening I could immerse myself in and feel right at home in. Mm yeah.


Okay, going off now. Vlog is done uploading.

Night.


P.S. 'Limitless' is based on a book released in 2001 under the title 'The Dark Fields' by Alan Glynn. Interesting.

P.P.S. Also, got myself a full set of 'Black Adder', seasons 1-4. Awesomeness much.

No comments: