Friday, April 29, 2011

Passion.

Going to rush out this post in five minutes, because I'm waiting for roll call before I shower, and I'm in no mood to do anything else before I'm clean and refreshed from an entire day at school.

Just got back from filming stuff for this competition Cikgu's entering. I love filming when our actors are compliant (and talented, too, but that's a bonus when time is limited). I've missed filming and editing with Ash, and I've missed the Mac lab, so I've finally had a taste of that today, after months (and a week of no CCA).

Yes, we do it for the love. For the love. It's part of my MSN personal message, because the moment I heard Michael Jackson say it, I didn't want to ever forget it. I like to remind myself that I should do things for the love of doing those things, and do things for the love of an awesome life, and simply, for the love is what everything should be done for.

In this case, it's not just a love for scripting (the hardest part, yes), filming and editing. It's for the love of creating something out of nothing that we can manipulate in so many ways to touch you, to astound you, to send a deep, powerful message to you, to make you laugh, to make you cry, to make you experience emotions you never have. That is the love of filmmaking.

And yes, we love it. One of the most amazing feelings ever is being able to sit back and watch with other people the videos you've created, and have them say at the end, "Heck, that's awesome".

This is why people enter the industry. It's an art, it's fulfilling, it's amazing.

It'll probably never happen, but it's fun to dream what things would be like as some ridiculously famous director and have people listen to you and be okay with you ordering them about because you know your stuff, man.


Anyway, feels like the semester's already over, but exams are just around the corner so there's no way that's happening.

Cell Bio today was fun. Passed that quiz I seriously thought I was going to fail. Extremely surprised, yes. After a tonne of quite unpleasant wake-up calls, it feels rather good to exceed my own expectations once in a while.

Then presented our Cell Bio game. A huge thanks to Zhen Jie, Wei Qi and Verena for being awesome and cooperative and generally being okay with my stupid ideas. Ever-so-grateful, I am. So, so glad Dr Low liked our game (or at least he implied it, which is totally good enough for me). Work and money and effort totally paid off.

Math with Mr Chia after that. It's official, Mr Chia is awesome. He thinks our lame jokes are funny, and has even started picking up our "Glennnn"-ing whenever we have to blame anyone for anything. I don't think I can imagine a Math lesson without him anymore.

Econs presentation after Math (yay, pun). Didn't get trolled, thank goodness. But we could've dealt with it anyway. Was feeling fairly confident and capable of kicking any troller's ass.

Best presentation day ever.

Physics in-class assignment was well, unprepared for, but well, fingers crossed to passing.

Physics, oh Physics. I like you, because you make sense.


Okay, going off now. Tired tired tired but sleep is for sissies.

It needs to be kept at an extreme minimum for the following fortnight.

Adieu.


P.S. Fingers crossed Dr Low gets to teach us again next sem. We like him.

No comments: