Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Downplay.

Waited half an hour for this page to load, so I'm quite unsure if the connection will hold until I'm done and ready to post this. Oh the little frustrations of life.

Tension's increasing, wishing it would rain very, very soon or I might explode. Erratic weather. People who like unpredictability and surprises should totally come and live in the tropics, because with climate change, it's never really mundane monotony anymore (unless sudden shifts in the weather becomes the norm and that in turn becomes boring and predictable).

Suddenly it's hot and humid and the next moment it's freezing and then we're all confused.

'Required Reading' is trending on Twitter right now. I don't see how anyone would hate that. 'Required Reading' is obviously required for a reason. That's why it's "required".

I mean, to quote VFD members from Lemony Snicket's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' (which I worship almost obsessively), the world would be a better place if everybody was well-read. It's not hard to pick up a good book and become absorbed. Reading is an outlet, not a chore.


Malay today was fun, I have to admit. Finally got 'round to quizzing each other, and it turns out our general knowledge really, really sucks. Sure, they're things that aren't necessary for survival, but it feels good to know things, and knowing things is good for conversation (from what I gather).

Huge thanks to Leyi for drawing up something for our friendship patchwork thing, because without it we'd be in huge trouble (absolutely no thanks to myself, who regrets not doing much and is ridiculously grateful).

Had makeup Physics after ACE, so had to stick around and talk about electric fields with Mr Yeo.

All right, going off now.

Night.


P.S. I don't care which era a song is from, or if it's old, or if it makes me seem old if I listen to it, because if it's good, it's good, and good songs are hard to come by nowadays.

No comments: