Friday, July 22, 2011

Lion.

Really excited at the moment, because I've finally gotten Lion (after it was released like, two days ago) and now I'm running FCPX (huge thanks to Wee Thean). I haven't gotten 'round to using it yet, but it looks an awful lot like iMovie. It's like Apple's trying to make everything simple for amateurs. Seems simple enough to use.

But part of me is kind of disappointed, because now I can't really impress people with my mass of FCP knowledge that I had when using FCP7 as everything looks so cute and easy and laid out for you. With FCP7, at least we could look somewhat really professional using it, and now it's like we're editing home movies for the family to watch around dinner. But no, I won't judge it by its appearance alone. Now I honestly can't wait to get my hands on some footage so I can put the editing to the test.

Oh man I am so excited.

So, Lion. I've just started using it (about half an hour ago) and everything seems so easy I find it insults my intelligence. When I type, it's like typing on an iPhone, because it likes to auto-correct you and tell you what's right and what's wrong and then suggests words for you to use. I don't like that. This is why our spelling is atrocious without spellcheck. I bet people from the 1800s could spell a hundred times better than we can now. Mr Darcy couldn't have proclaimed his deep, ardent love for Elizabeth in bad, misspelt English now, could he? That would've been so unromantic.

All right, enough about Lion for now. I'll need some time to getting used to all the new trackpad gestures (and I've become ridiculously swift with the old ones, it's kinda sad that I have to hesitate and get everything wrong now).


My day was totally made by this Japanese exchange teacher guy who got into the same lift as I did this morning. He stepped in and was all like, "Good morning!", and I was like, "Good morning," back, and after that I felt strangely cheerful. So that's what a happy morning greeting does to you. No wonder the Japanese have such a great, admirable work ethic.

But then again, Yos pointed out that it's probably only Singaporeans that are miserable and sullen and glum in the mornings, but he's generally racist, so I don't know how credible that is.

A good "good morning" makes mornings good indeed.

Physics was fun and confusing. Oh yeah. Such fun.

English comprehension quiz thing (because I'm not calling it a test) was fun too. Now these are the types of questions that you can enjoy answering. Spotting irony and deciphering writers' thoughts. What made it more enjoyable was that it wasn't graded (and Mr Chin lied to us when he said it "probably was").

I have a feeling Ms Tong likes referring to us as "girls", because we're an all-girl class (which is extremely, extremely rare in our school). Yeahey Economics.

Chem quiz was, well, here's to hoping I pass. Mrs Chong is going to be so disappoint, but I hope not.

Then had CCA. Have good plans for SDMA, and new instructor guy is (insert opinion here). Will consolidate plans next week.

Had dinner out with Wee Thean, Kelvin and Adithya. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of having dinner with these people. Eating together is probably what bonds hostel people.

Okay, going off now. Want to watch 'House', and have to wake up early to help out for DSA tomorrow.

Night.



P.S. So, so glad our Malay video got into the top five. Winning would be nice, yes.


No comments: