Sunday, July 10, 2011

Silverstone 2011

Oh my goodness, I could just explode with happiness right now. I'm ridiculously overjoyed and I can't stop myself smiling like an idiot every two seconds.

Alonso has just won the Silverstone Grand Prix, and it's Ferrari's first victory of the season, and I love how Facebook simply burst with commotion (haven't been on Twitter yet because of the LAN restriction). I love all my Ferrari-loving friends and how we act as if we've each won a million bucks when Ferrari accomplishes awesome things.

It's just that when you stick by a team (and I've totally mentioned this before) and people laugh at you because they think it's overrated and you have no taste and that their golden years are a thing of the past, it feels amazing to prove them wrong. Ferrari's finally got their car up to competitive pace again, and although their qualifying was compromised by the rain, Red Bull's imperfection (yes, they make mistakes, too) botched up one of Vettel's pit stops and let Alonso win.

McLaren also made dire mistakes, with Hamilton almost running out of fuel (and Massa almost managing to overtake him for fourth near the end of the race) and Button coming out of the pits missing a wheel nut (causing him to retire). A very bad day for them, especially with British drivers in a British team at a British circuit. Disappointing, yeah.

Williams was disappointing too, because they did quite well during qualifying (with Maldonado out-qualifying Barichello), but then they ended up out of the points.

Webber should've been in second, but RBR told him to "maintain the position". No comment.


Anyway, race aside, hung out at the High Comm today, and then got strings. Vlog should be up soon.

Night.



P.S. And this video of a little boy aka the mini Warbler singing and dancing just made my day ever better. Talented, adorable children enjoying themselves are always a joy. So cute.

P.S. I'm still so happy right now.

No comments: