Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hungaroring 2011.

The race has just ended, and I'm feeling kinda sad because it's four weeks until the next race at Spa, and I missed more than half of this race, so I haven't really stocked up on enough F1-ness to last me a month.

And the next race is in Belgium, which makes me sadder because Spa was always Raikkonen's special track, and everyone knows we miss Kimi to bits. I think if I brought Kimi up in conversation with Stella she'd probably break down and sob for hours on end. Yes, we do miss him. We miss the Iceman and his nonchalant, totally emotionless ways, and his beautiful racing and his ridiculous amount of self-control.

But anyway, missed this race because I had to go out to dinner with Bruneians to commemorate pre-Ramadhan night. Puasa starts tomorrow and the only meals we'll be having together as a group will be sungkai (because there's no way I'm waking up to join them for sahur). Yeah, that was fast. Blink of an eye, and it's fasting month yet again.

I admire the Muslims here because unlike in Brunei, we don't get to end early or have all PE classes cancelled throughout the month. Instead, they have to deal with full school days and vigorous exercise and the like, which I know is super tiring even with food.

But I digress.

Sort of satisfied with the race results because Button won. I'm all for Button winning, for three reasons. The first is because people have been treating him as McLaren's second driver to Hamilton, and I don't like that. I like Button very much and I don't particularly like Hamilton the most cocky driver on track. The second reason is that he suffered a hydraulic failure last race and had to retire, and lastly, it's his 200th Grand Prix appearance, so you've got to hand it to the guy.

I remember making jokes about him as a little kid, because I found his name so awesome. Button Button Button. How cute. (And yeah, he is quite hot, but not as hot as Kimi, of course).

Vettel second place was quite all right, too, because I like Vettel and his kiddish ways. Joshua thinks he's adorable (man-crush right there).

And Alonso third was great, because a Ferrari on the podium is always a good sign.

Then come Hamilton, Webber (poor Stanley) and Massa, who set the fastest lap of the race and I'm really proud of that.


Okay, going off now. New school week starts tomorrow. And it's a full school week, this time round (man we're getting spoiled with holidays).

Night.


P.S. Selamat berpuasa, guys. May your iman be kuat.


No comments: