Monday, July 11, 2011

Haunting.

"Gravedigger/When you dig my grave/Could you make it shallow/So that I can feel the rain..."

That's part of 'Gravedigger' by Dave Matthews, and I think I might've fallen in love with this song. It's so haunting. Heard it last night, and it was the first thing I thought about when I woke up, and it stuck with me all day and and still is. It's scary how obsessed by mind is with the notion of being able to physically feel beautiful things after I'm dead. It's a lovely idea, but death best be avoided, so no, not looking forward to that.


Was dying during school today. Totally need to get more sleep.

Math was confusing because my brain couldn't function properly and just wasn't bothered to think, and then Physics was horrible too.

Thankful for Bio though, 'cause we watched this movie about how Darwin used his theory on evolution to pick up chicks (particularly his first cousin, which he later admitted was a bad idea because of the limited gene pool their children would have).

Interesting times, those.

But yes, I like the idea of evolution and natural selection. It's a beautiful yet cruel process. The weak die and the strong survive. That's how it's always been.


Short post because my brain is really, really dying.

Good night.


P.S. Poor "book talk" lady was probably forced to give a talk on a certain book. They shouldn't spoil books, honestly. The joy of reading comes partly from character and plot development, and discovering things through the writer's genius. Not when someone lays out the plot and characters for you and then recommends you read it.

No comments: