Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nürburgring 2011.

Whoa there, we seem to have come across a bout of bad luck, what with Vettel getting ahead of Massa with a lap to go over a course of a botched pitstop for Ferrari. And poor Jenson (as what trended on Twitter a moment ago) suffered a hydraulic failure that forced him to retire.

I believe the hydraulic failure caught the wrong McLaren, actually. Even though Button wasn't running a strong race (starting in sixth, then suffering a bad start), I honestly am biased enough against Hamilton to not want him to win the race.

Still, second place is the next best place after our win two weeks ago. Yeahey Alonso really can drive the car to its maximum potential, and I'm glad about that. Massa finished fifth, which was really quite unfortunate, but Vettel beat him fair and square. It's kind of ironic how German drivers didn't do as well for their home race (just like how British drivers sometimes do badly at Silverstone, too).


Anyway, got an email from Roslyn about how badly my side of the CCA is degrading and how she was disappointed in us and my student leader skills.

Yeah, it was a total wakeup call. All this while I come on here and post about how I "swear" we'll be doing better next CCA session, but it never happens. I've probably failed everyone, and I feel terrible and depressed and dejected. What have I been doing? There's no excuse. Maybe I'm just not cut out for leading.

I've brought us nowhere and we're heading nowhere. Unproductive disappointment and I'm really, really sorry about it. I don't know how I'll be able to look my members in the face anymore. So yeah, that's basically what's been happening. "Ya Wen never does anything."

It's saddening and I'm sad and I'm going to take this like a boss and work my ass off this semester. Even if we don't win competition awards, I want our side to at least gain some respect.


No comments: