Friday, July 15, 2011

Everyday I'm Shufflin'.

It's official: Bruneians love 'Ahh'. And they love to shuffle, and are generally one of the awesomest people alive.

I love Bruneians. Yes I do. I love our spontaneity, our epic artistic talent, our randomness and our love for bursting into song and then singing shamelessly loudly in unison.

Oh man, I'm still high. Tonight was simply awesome. That's all I have to say about it. One word just sums it up perfectly. Rebecca Black was right. Fridays are "fun fun fun fun" when done right (which in this case means dinner at the Hyatt, performances and random bouts of shuffling and singing).

Kudos to the guys who managed to learn how to shuffle in like, three days and owned it on stage, and to the other NUSHS Bruneians who put hard work into memorising dance routines and to Emily and Feyra for memorising a song in like, five days (and also to yours truly, who only got the chords on Tuesday). Yeah I deserve some credit too. We all do. We're all awesome and I love how we didn't give up no matter how last-minute it was and how frustrated we got at times during the week. Bruneians should always stick together like this. We've got the spirit. That's why I love us.

I figure photos are going to be up soon, and I'll probably be up all night transferring footage and editing the vlog (after all, it is still a Friday night). Oh man, the best thing about this all is that after all our fun, we've got two days of no school to look forward to after that.

Man, best Friday night I've had in ages.


School today was okay. Mr Yeo wasn't here for Physics, and English was spent talking about art and further discovering Mr Chin's pure epic-ness (for the simile "as annoying as an agitated Ryan Ng, he cancelled out "an agitated", implying Ryan's annoying all the time). Ryan took it all in good grace though.

And need to go and clarify things for Chem. I've completely forgotten about everything we learnt last year in Sem 1. All those orbitals and overlapping and shells. No idea man, no idea whatsoever.

Had to skip CCA to attend our Sultan's 65th birthday celebration, and ended up canceling it because many of us video people opted to join the photo group on their field trip and Dr Li was sick and Mr Xie went somewhere. Will get work going next week, I promise.





P.S. Life as a student is hard, but it'll always be amazing.

No comments: